TIB: Aim for the 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Aim for the 92

I apologize in advance if you consider this post too long.

I have written a game for the TI-92 called Aim.  It is a game in which
several tanks controlled by the user and the computer try to shoot each
other by controlling their power and angle.  I have always hesitated to
post it because:

1. I'm very proud of my program
2. I keep revising it continuously, and
3. ticalc.org and all the other large archives
 would never appreciate any really good BASIC game.

What I would like is to receive some feedback concerning it.
Here's a 'quick' overview:
The program tests for a setup list, 'set', and checks it.  If it is
invalid, Aim loads the defaults.  You then see a toolbar which lets you
start a new game, load 'saved' games, or change the setup.  When you
start, a popup appears for each player asking if you want a user or
computer player, then creates the terrain.  The arrow keys control power
and angle, while the APPS key brings up a dialog box for the same thing
(take your pick).  ENTER and SPACE allow you to fire.  Play continues
until one player (or less) remains on the screen, and a dialog box will
ask you if you want to play again.  Enter starts another round, ESC
quits and restores your original window and graph settings.

Various features include wrap around and rubber borders, adjustable bomb
scales (no special weapons), up to 20 tank patterns for 2-40 tanks,
adjustable terrain height and width, divots, optional tracers, and a lot
more.

Is anybody interested in testing it out?  If so, please use e-mail; I
don't want to flood everybody with posts concerning this matter.

Tavis