Re: TIB: A=200,A=-3....help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: A=200,A=-3....help

> Hey I am making a program on the 85 and I am trying to make a money system so
> that if you do something then your money about decreases or increases.  What I
> have now is
> :U=200
> and then later in the program I want to make it so if you do press one of the
> menu buttons it will take off or add like 5 to U.
> I tried this:
> :U=-5
> but that didn't do anything, does anyone know how to do this? Thanx a lot-
> Frank

I'm not familiar with the 85, but here is what you would do on an 83.
I think it is pretty similar.
:200->U
That would store U as 200. That looks like the equivalent of U=200 on
the 85. Now, when somebody pushes the buttons you have to do something
to U, and then store the new value back into U. For example if you
wanted to subtract 5 from U, you would do this;
U-5->U
U would now be 195. I'm guessing on the 85 it would be something like
U=U-5
The key thing is just to make sure that the calc takes the value that
U WAS, do something to it, and then store that new value right back
over top of the old one.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net