TIB: Scrambler 86 v.2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Scrambler 86 v.2

I took a look at the program Scram86 (Which I made) and said "This is pretty
pathetic!  There's gotta be a better way to do this..." and there is!!  If you
look at the old Scram86 program, you will notice that it has 100 Wx vars (x
being a number from 1 to 100) and a section of the program with 100 If
statements...well...not anymore!  I have chopped more than 50% of the code
off, added some words (a few) and added some nifty features (like the option
of typing 'SKIP" in as the word to skip to the next word) and I need someone
to test it out for me before I release it on ticalc.org.  I have attached
scram86.86p to this mail, check it out and let me know if u find anything
wrong!

Also, I made it EXTREMELY easy to add new words:
You will notice a section of the program with a whole bunch of words loaded
into one string, and the words are seperated by spaces...
"AARDVARK ABOLITION ABORT ABSTRACT BATTLE BLACK BLUEBIRD BRAIN CAKES CARCASS
CLUTCH CONFIRM DECAY DECIMAL DISTANT ECLIPSE ENTRAILS EXPLODE EXTERNAL FERTAL
FIGURE FIRST FLUTTER GALAXY GAME GARDEN HANGOUT HONEY HUSBAND IGLOO IMAGINE
IMPERVIOUS JELLYFISH JIGGLE JOURNAL KANGAROO KENNEL KITCHEN LABEL LACQUER
LOVEBIRD MACHINE MANAGER MATERIAL NOTATION NUMBER NUMSKULL OATMEAL OCCUPY
OINTMENT PACKAGE PERCENT PRANKSTER PUMPKIN RAINCOAT REGIONAL RESURRECT SAMPLE
SCREW SCRIPT SPECIAL TALENT THUMBNAIL TOWNSHIP UNDERTAKE UNIVERSE UNSCRAMBLE
VACANT VEHICLE VISUAL WAGGON WEIGHTLESS WEREWOLF XENON XEROGRAPHY XYLOPHONE
YELLOW YONDER YUPPIE ZEALOUS ZEBRA ZODIAC FUNNY HAWAII MISSISSIPPI RIVER
DINNER HOLIDAY OUTSIDE OCEAN EGGPLANT BREAKFAST TELEVISION RADIO SUNDAY BODILY
BRAVERY LOYALTY HONESTY POLICE WELCOME WINDOW OPPORTUNITY LUCKLESS HOPEFUL
SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY "->WORDS
To add a new word, simply type in the word at the end of the command above
(before the store command obviously) and add ONE space between the word you
just typed, and the " mark.  The program, when loaded, will load the new words
in automatically.

I think that's all I have to say, just try it out, and let me know it is
worthy of being added to the ticalc.org file archive!

P.S. - Please let me know if I attached the wrong file...I hate it when I do
that!!

SCRAM86.86P