Re: TIB: Optimizing FAQ

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Optimizing FAQ

Rene Kragh Pedersen wrote:
>Michael Van Der Kolk wrote:
>>
>> The Optimizing FAQ is up at <http://www.iserv.net/~mikev/92optimize.html>
>>
>> I think it will be useful, if anyone has some tips they would like to
>> send, feel free.
>
>Keep up the good work!
>One thing though: It might be appropriate to add a mention of how you
>measured these time intervals. I, for one, would like to know.
Used the exact same program with a pause "start" and a pause "done". Then
I test them with my stopwatch until my fingers ached to the time that
came up almost everytime (reflexes and attention tired after about an
hour and a half). Look at the program to test the when and if statements,
I basically modified that code to test the various statements. Is that
enough explanation? I could post the individual programs but that is a
lot of work for a bunch of duplicated code and extra work *wipes forehead*

Hope it helps,

Michael Van Der Kolk
mikev@iserv.net
http://www.iserv.net/~mikev
- ---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.