TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #155

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #155

>1) Has anyone made a self-replicating program?  Or a program that could
>spontaneously create its own programs?

Yes, I have written several programs to create other progs for the 92.
Take a look a at:
  -Vector Man, creates a prgm out of an object oriented picture.
  -Menu Maker, creates custom menus with extreme easy (at least I think
so)

Those are the ones I have released so far. However, I use the define
command all the time to make repetitive code. Try making exactly 100
store commands to make bench marking program by hand and it takes only
1.05 seconds to run the program. That means a single store command take
up about .0105  seconds.

In case your curious as why I wanted to know, I am working an
optimization faq which will be up by 2/21/98.

By the way on a 92 it is possible to write a quick cooperative
multitasking kernel (which I have done) where you use lists to store the
programs as strings. Give each prgm/list a priority and make a PC for
each program so as to allow goto's and give each list a temp folder. Have
the last item in the list a list of variables to delete and run that with
the expr() command and delete the folder. Bingo protected memory (unless
the programmer is devious) and the ability to write virus to infect the
list.

Michael Van Der Kolk
mikev@iserv.net
http://www.iserv.net/~mikev
- ---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.