Re: TIB: Windows for the 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Windows for the 92

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Rene Kragh Pedersen wrote:

> josh gioja wrote:
> >
> > I have a list of programs that want to be run, and the time when they
> > want to be run. When the program's time comes around, the program is
> > run.
>
> But if you still run them one at a time it is not multitasking... :-/

I wasn't entirely accurate in my description. Here's a better explanation:

All my programs use the same program to get key input. The program that
gets the key input checks the list of programs to run for the next time
scheduled. It increments the system time and checks whether it exceeds the
next run time. If it does, it returns a number to the program signalling
that it must exit. (This is also done for keys that start system events,
such as moving a window.) The system then starts the other program that
wanted to run.

I think this will give you a much better idea of what really happens.

Josh Gioja