Re: TIB: lots of help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: lots of help needed

>Ok you BASIC junkies.  I need some help.

Yep.

>I have a TI-85.

>I'm trying to write a program that will find all the unknowns of a triangle
>if given all known data.  I know, there are programs already out there like
>that, but i want to write one myself.

Just take your basic algebra skills to do something like this:

If you know the points, squareroot((X1-X2)^2+(Y1-Y2)^2))

That will calculate the distance from A to B, B to C.....

If you know the lengths you could do something like this

squareroot(A^2+B^2)

If you just didn't know how to do that, then there it is.  If you are
unsure on how to enter it in to your calculator please ask.