Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Jeremy Mullins wrote:

> >>No, I fully agree, did you see my message earlier about how to make Win95
> >>boot to DOS?  After you make it boot to dos, to start windows, you type
> win.
> >>Sound familiar?
> >
> >Windows 95 alaways boots to dos before the "Welcome to 95" thing is
> >displayed, dos is loaded.  Beleive me.  I have an opcode reader and the
> >instructions are exactly the same for dos 7.0 and dos 7.0 with win95.
>

> I know, all you have to do is edit the msdos.sys file (it's hidden, system,
> and read only) and change BootGUI=1 to BootGUI=0 and it won't load 95 at
> all.

My Win95 system freezes about 3 times in a row about every 6th time I boot
it. I experimented with pressing F8, booting to command prompt only, and
then typing Win, and it hasn't frozen once yet.

I then tried changing the BootGUI line so I wouldn't have to press any
keys, but it shows a few seconds of the startup picture before going to
the command line, which shows it's still running some parts of Win95. It
didn't fix my problem of Win95 freezing, either.

JG