Re: TIB: unsubscribe

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: unsubscribe

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >[...]
> >> Okay...SGIs rule, but I still like the picture of a liquid cooled cray... :)
> >
> >SHH! Don't disturb me, I was just picturing that very same thing to
> >myself :-)
>
> Did you see the 2 people standing by it reading a book?  The computer was
> at least 3 feet taller!

Actually, I was just getting to that part when you disturbed me! :-)

One of our computer rooms here at the university is BTW called the
"Mausoleum". The entire room (and it is _big_) used to contain _one
single_ "supercomputer" barely leaving room for people to walk alongside
of it. This computer needed good ventilation, and because of the quiet,
cold atmosphere developed by these circumstances, the room got it's
name.
It's quite an impressive story actually :-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
man: Why did you get a divorce?

Follow-Ups: References: