Re:TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

> I would like to ask each of you about your personal style of writing
> programs.  If you had a choice to do both, would you prefer writing
> everything in a single program, or have several programs for your
> subroutines?  Which do you think game players would prefer?

Well, just because you asked. I absolutely LOVE Subroutines. Its kinda like
SharedLibraries for the Mac or .DLLs for the PC. I stick commonly used
Information in different files, so instead of increasing size I just jump
to that subroutine. Or say I am using Law of Cosines I just Set a varible,
say ABC, to 1 in a program, say TrigCos, and ask Does ABC equal one? If so,
dont ask for stupid information just get to checking and dont forget to set
ABC to 0 ASAP!!!!
Usually I also put my Menus and docs in seperate files. I hate it when it
takes the 86 forever to compile that why I uses the most and on long if
statements they can prevent you from getting out of memory.

> Which is more important, the program's size, its speed, how easy the
> program is to read, or how it affects the rest of the calc?  I'd like
> your opinion about this and what you think makes for 'good' TI-BASIC
> programming.

Size and Speed  I like. easy to read, I dont like

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.