TIB: Re: RE: Re: x=b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: RE: Re: x=b

Don't snap at me, you may not get any response in the future.  I offered a
plausible solution.  Don't get pissed 'cause it wasn't the answer you
wanted.

One other possible solution is that you may need to write a program.  Use a
variable to increment through all possible solutions (a For..EndFor loop)
and PtOn the solution.  Then use a second subroutine to input cursor
movement and display the X,Y coords using PxlText:

DelVar yy
yy^2+4yy+4 -> xx   (or substitute any other expression)
For yy,yymin,yymax,yystep
PtOn yy,xx
EndFor
(yymin+yymax)/2 -> yy
Lbl Looper
0 -> k
While k=0
getKey() -> k
EndWhile
If k=338:yy+yystep -> yy
If k=344:yy-yystep -> yy
If k=264:Return
Goto Looper

I didn't test this program at all, hopefully it will help you out, although
it doesn't actually display a cursor to show you where you're looking, but I
think with a little tweaking, you could fine-tune this to do what you need.