Re: TIB: ASM Utilities From BASIC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 12/06/98 3:05:52 PM, Tatsuo64@aol.com writes:

>	I have an 83, and I''ve always thought that an ASM library of commands
>was a good idea, a few of my friends even attempted to make smaller ones
>(failed because of their limited assembly knowledge).  If you want some
>other ideas for stuff to include, I recommend reading the post about an 86
>Assembly module.  The guy who wrote that had the same idea, only for the
>86, and included a list of functions he thought would be good to include.
>
>Tatsuo

Was this post your talking about, on this list, and I should go look through
the Basic Mailing Archives...?  Well, did that program ever get completed for
the 86...?

Well, here are some problems I have thought of for this type of Program...
Basic Games that use this would not be able to be used on the TI-82.  Their
Basic language had always been so similar and games could be run on either one
(besides the fact that the 83 just cant Send to the 82), but with this new
feature, they couldnt... =P  I was thinking that any Basic Program that uses
this, could not be run from a Shell, since starting another ASM would disrupt
the Program Offset in the Memory, where the shell is located at previously.
Maybe SOS could handle running the Basic Program because of its Relocation
abilities, I'll have to ask Joe W...  Well, I'd like to hear from anybody else
about this subject of an ASM Library... Downsides that can be thought of /
Suggestions of what to include...?  Make any comments... =)
															--Jason K.