Re: TIB: Test variable size, PassErr

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Test variable size, PassErr

i can answer the floor/int thing.   Int is kept for compatibility with
older programs.  floor is there because of the ceiling command.

---House <thouse@tk7.net> wrote:

> Is there any way to test the size of a variable?  Like when you're
on the Var-Link screen and it shows you how many bytes the variable
actually uses (I don't mean like dim() or anything).  How does PassErr
work?  If floor() is identical to int(), then why did they put both of
them in?

==

The Garth Johnson

Visit my website!  http://www.bigfoot.com/~garthjohnson
                "Now with jokes for your mental enjoyment!"

"Popularity, Religion, Science, Jobs, Cars, The Internet, Civilization-it's all very nice but it's we're just deluding ourselves...  Inside of every perfect postured, mild mannered person there is a teenager saying "dude! this is cool!" and sending slinkeys down upward escalators."