Re: TIB: displaying a string

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: displaying a string

> I'm trying to display a string (actually text it...) on an 86. What I want
it
> to do is take the length of the screen, and then the lebgth of the string,
and
> center the string on the screen.  How do I go about this? I have tried
> (64-(lngth STRNG))/2->CENTER....but it doesn't seem to do what I need it to
> do....any help?

If you are using the Text() command and trying to display to the graph screen,
you'd have to know how to find out the length of the string IN PIXELS.  Lngth
returns the length of the string in characters.  I don't think there's a way
to do
what you want with 100% accuracy unless "STRING" always has the same
contents.