RE: TIB: Speed-Up

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TIB: Speed-Up

At 02:28 PM 10/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't have an 82... tell me, what features did it have? mine for the 83
was pretty damn cool...

Scorched Earth used about 5 different weapons (Baby Missile, Missile, Nuke,
Large Nuke, and Death's Head) and had a realistic look and feel to the real
thing (i.e. trajectories were exact according to calculus equations).
There isn't any wind, resistence, harmful environment, etc.  However, you
have the choice to play a two player game or a one-player game (against the
nearly impossible to beat calculator).  If you choose one-player, get
prepared to die.  The calc uses a special equation to calculate its power
needed at a specified angle.  You have to have good aim or you will die in
about 1-3 shots.

The terrain is another cool thing that I cam up with.  It may not be the
best way to get random hills, but it works and for the most part, it is
nice looking.

My web page shows a sample screen shot of this game.  It might work on the
83...haven't tested it though.  I'm working on ASM programs right now, so
I'm a little too busy to test it on the 83 for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help,

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org