Re: TIB: Someone who knows nothing about programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Someone who knows nothing about programming

<< Hi!

 My name is Luis and I want to ask you some questions:

 - I don't know anything about programming and I really need to make a
 program in my TI-85 for a school's subject. Would you please tell me how to
 write a program which can add an specific operation. This is an example of
 what i've done:

 I want to add:  N Cr K * P^K * (1-P)^(N-K), evaluating this function since
 a given limit K=k1 to a given limit K=k2.

 I've wrote this:

 Prompt N
 Prompt k1
 Prompt K2
 Prompt P
 F=0
 A=0
 For (K,k1,k2,1)
 F=N Cr K * P^K * (1-P)^(N-K)
 A=A+F
 End
 Display A

 when I try to run this, I get a lot of mistakes like Isuficient Memory
 (mistake 15) and Syntax error.

 ¿Could you please tell me where I am wrong?
 ¿Do you know if it is possible to write programs in the PC's screen instead
 of write them in the calc? How?

 Thank you >>

Prompt N,K1,K2,P
0->F
0->A
For(K,K1,K2,1)
N*K*P^K*(1-P)^(N-K)->F
A+F->A
End
Disp A

this works for me although i dont know where you got the Cr variable