Re: TIB: Graph

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Graph

Aaron Hertz wrote:

>> how do you program to make the user put in a Y1 value and save it
there so
>> the program will graph the graph for you.  I can do this for the 92
but I
>> can't for the 86.  How do I do it?
>
> use the string>equ( function.
>
>input "Enter equation in quotation marks: ",Str1
>String>Equ(Str1,Y1)
Why not just use InpSt?  It allows you to omit the requirement for the
user to put in quotation marks.

You are right.  I have an 83, which does not have an InpSt function.  I tried it the way that i had suggested on the 83,  and i guess the input function works with strings without the quotes, but the prompt function needs the quotes, or else it gives a data type error.  that doesnt make much sense to me; i would think that if input can accept a string without quotes, that prompt would also.