Re: TIB: Inverse functions (82/83)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Inverse functions (82/83)

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:36:21 -0600 ilya winham <ilyamojo@geocities.com>
writes:
>I know how to do inverses, graph them, find domain/range,
>test if it is 1 to 1 etc... but I am curious if there are
>some programs (just to do it faster than by hand :))
>to do the following:
>
>	1. Find the inverse of a function (i.e. inverse of Y=2X+3)
>	2. Find the Domain/Range of a function
>
>And is there are way to graph the inverse on the calc.
>(Besides the DrawInv command under the draw menu)
>
>What I mean is
>Y1=2X*4
>Y2=???? (where the ?'s is the code for the inverse of Y1)
>
>So, if you have any programs that have to do with
>inverse functions please send them to me or tell
>me where to get them.

I don't know if this will help you, but can you just write a program to
prompt for an equation and then use either DrInv or DrawF to draw the
inverse or the function respectively.  This works on an 85/86 (I know you
said 82/83), but I don't know about an 82 or 83.

I'm not sure exactly how to help you.  Are you just wanting to see the
inverse graphed, or do you need to be able to calculate the actual
equation of the inverse in terms of y(inv)=mx+b?
ie:
function: y=2x+3
inverse:  x=2y+3
          y=(x-3)/2

If I can determine exactly what you need, I may be able to come up with a
program to do what you want.  I don't know all the differences between
the 85 and 82, but I have access to both.

I don't think that there is a simple little symbol to do function
inverses(though I'd like one), that's why there is the DrInv command.

Sincerely,
The Unibomer

Jared Ivey
Unibomer@Juno.com