Re: TIB: hrrm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: hrrm

At 12:07 AM 12/15/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey.. umm.. anyone know if those moonshine links (i like to call them that,
>i am reffering to the homemade ones) work with the winlink32 software that
>comes with the graphlink (or you can d/l it www.ti.com)? or do you need
>like moonshine software too.

>I took a look at a page explaining at what these 4$ links can/cant do and i
>decided to invest in a real ti graph-link since it seemed these links were
>picky about everything....I remember it saying though that it cant use the
>graphlink sofware (winlink32)....

I built my Parallel cable out of spare parts and junk laying around the
house (I even had the 2.5mm jack from a cellphone microphone/earphone
dealy). I got my diodes off some old circuit cards (wirewrapped), and
whacked an old parallel connector from some project I did eons ago... My
cost was about 15 minutes of my time. I haven't had one problem with it, it
works with every link program supporting parallel links (This does not
include the Graphlink software from TI). You will have to use software
written to support the parallel link, and there are some very well written
ones I might add (My favorite being link85xp). If I remember correctly, the
TI-Graphlink can only send abt 9.6Kbps, and the homemade links can send
11Kbps (TI-85), and 30Kbps (TI-92). I have to say, that I do like the
winlink software, for it's editing ability, grouping/ungrouping, and
uuencode/decode, so I use it for just those capabilities, and use link85xp
to do the transfers. Plus I have an old Dauphin 386SX laptop that I keep in
my pickup for dinking around with, and having a DOS link utility (I know, I
can put Win 3.xx on it, but  I HATE all Windows versions prior to Win95).
But at anyrate, the homemade links aren't picky, it's just that winlink
doesn't support them (because the homemade links don't convert to RS-232).
Other than that, the homemade links are a great/cheap (abt $4 or $5)
alternative.

Sorry it was so long.

Leif

- zldgregory@biogate.com
    http://www.0rdernet.com/Warped_Realities/
    (2D/3D Graphics, electronics, TI85)

    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know.

    To email me, remove the z in my address  -