Re: TIB: Wasting Time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Wasting Time

Grant Stockly wrote:

> The games are good for people who don't have a link and need to type things
> in.    The TI screen is bigger than a gameboy, and people play thoes.
>
> >Is it just me or does anyone else feel that games on the TI are an utter
> >waste of time. I mean, i dont know who is more pathetic, the programmer who
> >creates the game or the user who plays it. I mean cmon, games suck on that
> >little crappy ti-screen...
>
> Everyone has different likes. You must like scientific programs or math
> programs, but it isn't nice to put someone down because of their ideas.
>
> >The only thing that the games might do is give a programmer some practice
> >with their ti-8x, but why bother, just use qbasic or some other similar
> >language that might be of use some day.
>
> You can't use a computer durring a science lecture. ;)

It's all a matter of having a bit of imagination. I don't need an
extreme graphical interface and a Power processor to play Blackjack. I
enjoy the game, not the graphics.
I don't have a functional computer at the moment. If I want to play,
it'll be at a cafe or a friend's house.
That aside, I just finished making a browser (first year comp. science
project), and the fact that I'd been making games on the TI-92 (playing
with the graphic interface, coordinates etc.) helped me a great deal.

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
What's up???