TIB: Re: Projectile Calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: Projectile Calc

What most professional authors would do is place their name as the author
then make a small note that the original concept was by "so and so".
Alternately
some would put "revised" or "updated" by "your name".

Most good programmers could care less about "credit" with public domain
software.
The real value in providing the authors name or where the idea originated is
to help
the next guy that may want to tweak it. He can contact you or at least see
where
you got your ideas from.

Incidentally, by helping the next guy tweak what you have done, you are
helping
everybody - including yourself. Most programs are an evolution of ideas. For
instance
consider RPG's. At first the simply allowed you to move E,W,N,S to a text
description.
Then someone added the ability to have an inventory. Then someone added the
ability
to customize your player, then natural language, then you moved by the arrow
keys,...

As you can see a RPG that you or I would write, is really not totally "ours"
because
we are using features that have slowly been added over time. Now days, the
"author"
is generally given credit for the story line - we have all forgotten how
hard those
other individuals worked to get us where we are now!