Re: TIB: ti VIRUS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: ti VIRUS

MTNBIKE560@aol.com wrote:

> > Actually, viruses are not possible, but rom bugs are.  I have some
> >  programs that act like viruses that lock up your calc from normal basic
> >  programs!
> >
> like what?
>
> also, it takes no programming skills to make a virus.  do this:
>
> make a new program (called A)
> for the first line, get the command  Asmprog  from the catalog.
> on the second line type in an even number of characters 0-9 and A-F
> at the homescreen type   Asm(A
>
> cool stuff will happen, maybe.  maybe not.  oops!

I'd hate to be the one to break it to you but, that's not a virus. Just
as in the biomedical field, a virus is a non-living entity that is
capable of reproduction by 'infecting' another entity and causing that
entity to produce more viruses. Your example is a trojan horse. (the two
should not be confused) A trojan horse is a program that does damage
and/or sprouts a virus when it is run. It however is not capable of self
replication.