Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:54:50 -0700 Richard Owen Lewis
<richardlewis@cedarcity.net> writes:

>Technically the TI-OS is still running while a shell is, unless you
>disable
>interrupts.  It is still grabbing keys, updating the busy indicator,
>etc.

That is why I put  quits in quotes.

>And under ZShell on the TI-85, you could set it up so you can break
>from a
>program.  There is a little know routine at $0462 (I think; I'd have
>look it up to be sure) that returns to the Home Screen, resets the
>stack,
>etc.  That's how 85 shells return control to the ROM.  There's also an

I'm talking about from infinite loops, etc. Because of the way zshell
works, I'm sure it could be set up to do that, but I was refering to the
86. With that calc, running assembly programs is handled by the ROM,
which can't be changed. You can break from emulated games, however,
because of the way they are run. Anyway, there is a similar 86 call
(_jforcecmdnochar, I think).

--James
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]