Re: SD: DHOS Numeric Authority

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: DHOS Numeric Authority

Matt--

I'm sorry.  I don't understand your format.  The format that Bill Sharp
and I are currently working on looks like this (comments after
semicolons):

.org 0

.db $00fd
.db %11111111
.db %11111111
.db %00001110
.db %00011100
.db %00111000
.db %01110000
.db %11111111
.db %11111111
.db 8," ZShell "

.db $00f8
.db %01100110
.db %11100111
.db %11000011
.db %11000011
.db %11000011
.db %11100111
.db %11111111
.db %01111110
.db 8," Usgard "

.end

The shell is cycling through the variables.  It comes upon a file with
header $00f8.  So it looks up $00f8 in the icon library.  Ah, it seems
that $00f8 has an entry.  So it reads those 8 bytes to draw the icon.
Then suppose the user chooses to look at a file's properties (if that
gets implemented).  The shell looks thru, finds $00f8, skips 8 bytes,
and reads the 8byte file type.  =)

Very easy =)

--Matt