Re: SD: Shells and games (READ THIS ALSO!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Shells and games (READ THIS ALSO!)

> OK, so the programming is different for each but the game quality still
> remains,  but the biggest trick is how to do libs in a organized and easy
> to use fashion (good luck if you saw the problems with usgard's first
> release)

Our libraries were easier.  Instead of numbers, we let programmers use
the file name.  The programmer would define the library NAMES at the
beginning of the program.   Also, if a library was missing, it would say
"zcplib missing" instead of a number.

*BUT* from user feedback, people aren't really interested in libraries
anymore?!?  Since they take extra space (oh..about 300bytes), we are
taking it out.  However, it is STILL *possible* to use libraries, but
it's a little bit tricker.  We did take the time to create the library
system, so if A LOT of people email me (alandang@usa.net) we'll keep the
library system in.  Remember that we are making the operating system
USEFUL for programmers and end-users.

If YOU, the programmer, want libraries, tell US, and we'll put them in.
So if you want feature _____, just email us, and if it's practical we'll
work on putting it in.

> GREAT POINT....EVERYONE READ THIS,  Make the shells themselves better not
> the number of games supported,  if you want a awesome shells that looks
> great and is less annoying BE READY TO LOSE SOME SPACE...Anygame ever
> made SHOULD RUN UNDER ANY SHELL.<PERIOD>

Let us emphasize lose *SOME* space, and not *A LOT* of space.

> >We ALREADY had the system of one operating system and that was called
> >ZShell.  No one liked that (if you do, then why are you arguing, all
> >new
> >OSes have ZShell-backward-compatibility)  Multiple shells must exist.
> >

> So you guys will work with the Usgard people to get the games on both
> systems while improving and optimizing each of your respective shells?
> If so great, if not explain.  I would rather see a shell war between the
> shells and not how many games they can screw the end users out of!!!!!

Well yes and no...we haven't been working *WITH* USGard people lately.
But independently, I'm working to get games on USGard because SuperNova
isn't out yet.  Also remember, that both teams did talk in June about a
universal file format (like HTML; each OS has different
implementations...)

We feel bad if a programmer who has seen SDK-3 is impressed and is
putting his support behind SuperNova and is waiting for it to be
released because he'll end-users will not get the great game.  I
*unofficially* suggest programmers to work with USGard since end-users
will get their game earlier, and when SuperNova is released, the
programmer can quickly (I say a few minutes) convert his program to
SuperNova and use our features.

Always remember that Nova Coders believes in doing what the END USER and
PROGRAMMERS want.   If you want libraries, tell us!  If you hate
libraries, tell us!  If you have an idea and want "_____", tell us!

Alan Dang
Nova Coders

ps.  Our web page will be up soon.  If you have a question you really
want to ask, send email to alandang@usa.net.