Re: LZ-Adv: .db's etc.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: .db's etc.

Mark D Lippmann wrote:

> This makes complete sense to me, but how do you work with something like
> this:
>
> _____________________
> Stuff:
> .db 56,36,35,36,87,23,87,34,8
> --------------------------------------
>
> How do I access each number to change when there isn't a lable in front
> of each one?

You need to calculate the offset of a byte in your ".db" before you can
store to it.
You could basically use the following code.
ld hl, label
ld de, (program_addr)
add hl,de
add hl, <place the offset from label here, or add code here to find the
offset from the label depending on your application>
Label:
   .db 32,32,45,23,34,45,76

<pre>
*  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
*  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
*  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
*  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
*  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
*  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
*  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
*  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
*  agreement to these terms.                               *
*  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *
</pre>