Help! TI-89's broken! =(

[Next][Index][Thread]

Help! TI-89's broken! =(

Hi all,

My TI-89 is broken. For a while it was showing symptoms of Badness -
periodically the screen would go full contrast, then fade away and
usually flash back on. It was sort of like a computer monitor that had
the VGA cable yanked and then replugged.

Now, a few days ago, it did that ... and didn't reappear. I thought it
was the batteries, but I've just replaced them and it still hasn't come
back on.

I tried left-right-2nd-on to reset the RAM, (-) and ) to reset
everything, taking out the button battery then (-) and ) again...
nothing helps.

I'm now very sure the screen is disconnected. (Or the circuit board is
broken). Either way, I'll have to get inside the case.

So how do I open the case, (without breaking it), what should I look for
once it's open, and is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Auricchio ~ me__@mac.com
--------
We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.
--Jeff Marder