Re: Fast Reduced Fractions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fast Reduced Fractions...

At 10:22 AM 3/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey excellent man I just finished doing one for my COMPUTER SCIENCE class
>here it is And it is in C++.

Umm...well, I know how to reduce the fraction once I have a correct
numerator and denominator.  You are assuming that I know the numerator and
denominator which is not true.  I have a *decimal number* (Example:
.578695786957869...) that has an accuracy of 15-20 digits that I want to
convert to a correct reduced fraction in a single pass.

Well, someone just gave me a possible solution, but it doesn't convert the
number in a single pass like I want to.  It also doesn't eliminate the
problem that I only have 15-20 digits of precision.

Time to hit the books...

           Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@crosswinds.net
                  http://www.shininglightpro.com/