Re: Suggestions for TI to improve their TI-89 / TI-92 calculators.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Suggestions for TI to improve their TI-89 / TI-92 calculators.

        While we are on the topic of the when statement it would be nice
to be able to define multi part piecewise functions within one when
statement: when(x<1,x+3,x=1,x+4,x-5) this would make it less complex and
easier to use. Also, the factor() function doesn't factor expressions
within other functions.
factor(sin(x^2+2x+1)) returns sin(x^2+2x+1) not sin((x+1)^2) this would
be nice for me, as the calculator displays things one way and my math
teacher wants it shown another way and the limits of the factor function
make it hard to check my answers using my calculator. I think a screen
wrap option would be nice for some answers rather than having to scroll
for so long, possibly by pressing Shift+Enter, like Diamond+Enter gives
the approx answer for fractions and trig functions.

-Ryan
<>ryri@juno.com<>
<>ICQ:3686748<>