Re: TI-83+ or TI-86?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83+ or TI-86?

The 86 has more abilities than the 83+, that much is indicated just by the
higher model number.  Granted, the 83+ is a more recent release than the 86,
but it is also targeted for a lower group.  As for updatability, the 83+ has
flash ROM meaning you can load new ROM versions.  The 86 doesn't have flash
ROM, but the ROM it has is just fine so it's not really a problem.  Even
without the flash ROM, the 86 still has plenty of RAM for storing programs
(as does the 83+).  Read this for more:
http://tifaq.calc.org/p2.htm#4.

>I am  soon going to purchase a TI graphing calculator for use in discrete
math class in college and calculus later on, but do not know enough about
differences between calculators.  I have narrowed my decision to get either
the 83+ or the 86.  Any opinions which is best and why?  Is the 86 updatable
like the 83+?  If not, is this an important consideration?