Re: New Topic--Calculator resale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Topic--Calculator resale

The pawn shops here do a wonderful job of managing the traffic in used
calculators.

Ben Sultenfuss
bsultenfuss@sfasu.edu     http://titan.sfasu.edu/~f_sultenfu
ICQ# 12937489
Lecturer, Stephen F Austin State University
Instructor, The Ohio State University Technology Short Course Program
Work
  Stephen F. Austin State University
  1936 North Street, PO Box 13040, SFA Station
  Nacogdoches, Texas  75962-3040
  Voice: 409-468-1547/3805  Fax: 409-468-1669
  Office Hours:
     M 10:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m. CST
     MTWT 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

| |
| | Here's the gist of my query.  The community college I tutor at requires
| students to purchase a TI-83 (or higher--but the vast majority purchase
the
| TI-83) for any class from college algebra on up.  Most of these
calculators
| wind up collecting dust in a drawer after the students finish their
| course(s).  Semester after semester a new crop of TI-83's is purchased,
and
| the old crop retired to the dusty drawer.  The bookstore sells used books
| but not used TI-83's.  I think it should sell used TI-83's.  Any
experience
| out there with used calculator resale?
| |
| | Paul