Basic Programing Question

[Next][Index][Thread]

Basic Programing Question

Hey this might sound like a question but I have a TI-83plus and I am
attempting to make a simple basic program. This has probly been posted
elsewhere in the archives of this website but I am unable to find it. If
anyone could give me a simple tip on how to do this one operation I would
appreciate it.
  The problem I am facing is difficult to explain so I copied a section of
the program below to show what I'm talking about:
Disp "AMBIENT TEMP"
Input T
If 70<T<77
1.08>A
If 70<T<77
1.05>B
If 70<T<77
1.04>C
If 78<T<86
1>A
If 78<T<86
1>B
If 78<T<86
1>C
If 87<T<95
.91>A
If 87<T<95
.94>B
If 87<T<95
.96>C
If 96<T<104
.82>A
Obviously the HTML fonts aren't doing me any justice but the "<" sign is
really a (<=) sign and the ">" sign is really a (store) sign. But my
problem is this when i run the program "78<T<86" does not catch the number
if it is between 78 and 86, instead it catches anything less than 86 and
everything greater than 78. I've even tried:
If (T>78),(T<86) With this i get error syntax so I removed the ","
If (T>78)(T<86) and I'm back to where I started.
I Know this should be simple to do ... I just can't figure it out cause I
don't know all that much about these calcs but thanks for taking the time
to read this and I hope someone can help me, Thanks.
                        mailto:kaabam@hotmail.com