Assorted TI-92+ (89 also) Programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Assorted TI-92+ (89 also) Programs

For those of you who saw my last (I think) article on Ticalc.org, yes, I'm
seriously playing around with that idea now. Using the absolutely wonderful NTH
for the TI-92 (and a bunch of programming tweaks I've given it to make it run
better and take up less space on the TI-92+), I've created a program called
RSA() that will give the required N, R, and S to do encryption. However, it's
still a ways from where my article said it could be (and yes, it can be much
faster). For example, it doesn't do any encryption/decryption yet - that has to
be done by hand. If I'm going to seriously continue with this, I'd like to know
whether there's any real interest in a semi-strong encryption program for the
TI-92+ and 89. Not unbreakable as in PGP, not terrible like a substitution
cypher, but medium. Something that'll be strong enough to deter your kid sister
(brother, whatever) from trying to crack the code, strong enough to deter
someone in a moderate position of authority, but no stronger.

Also - would there be any interest in the following programs? I've hacked them
all up (totally finished) but haven't bothered to release them for public
consumption:

BallDrop: The Statistical Simulator. The oldest program here. Very nice now,
compared to the original, burn-a-hole-in-your-screen version.

MemStat - enhanced memory statistics. Better than [MEM]. Only good for 92+ and
89 calculators. The rest here will probably run on a 92.

Calendar - TI Perpetual Calendar. You tell it a date (July 4, 1776), it tells
you the day (Thursday, if I remember correctly). Takes into account leap years
and all their intricacies with a wonderful formula. (You heard it right:
formula, not algorithm. The main part of the code is devoted to detecting
gibberish like June 31, 1999).

GraphCal - TI Perpetual Graphical Calendar. You tell it a month, (July 1776),
it spits out a neat calendar in graphical form for the entire month. Also uses
that wonderful formula. Based on Calendar but uses very little of its code.
Calendar is actually pretty obsolete, isn't it?

RandWalk - Random walk on the graph. Interesting to look at.

CowDraw - Ever hate the fact that you can't hold down a key on the TI-92 and
use it as a Pen, like you can on the 85? CowDraw is your solution.

All of these programs are under 2 kilobytes (except the full RSA program -
haha, it doesn't exist yet). Some (CowDraw) are el-crappo. Some are actually
nice. For example, I've pumped a fair amount of energy into BallDrop: The
Statistical Simulator and GraphCal.
If you're interested, say so. Don't E-mail me, though. I'm still blocking most
addresses. Darn mail bombs.

S.T.L.  ==> STL137@aol.com <==  My quotes page is at:  http://quote.cjb.net
~~~ My main website is at:  http://137.tsx.org ~~~
If you see a message of mine posted on two newsgroups, then it is because I
have replied to a crossposted message. I *never* crosspost of my own accord!
I block all unapproved E-mail. If you wish to talk to me, post to alt.test.9
with the subject "Moo" and your E-mail address in the body. I will allow you
as soon as I sign on next.
"This universe is not hostile, or yet is it friendly. It is simply
indifferent" - John H. Holmes, The Sensible Man's View of Religion