Re: programming

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: programming

> can someone tell me how to program in asm so that i don't need zasmload?
>  thanx.

Yeah.  Don't use DevPac83 as your linker.  Use OBJ83 instead.   But...if you
don't want to quit programming without DevPac...
...you could also program for SOS or AShell, and I'll describe the code that
you need down below at the start of your program.

Otherwise, it's just like ordinary ASM programming (can ASM programming be
called ordinary?) besides the fact that SOS lets you use libraries, but that's
a different subject.

SOS CODE:  (insert at start of program)
ccf
jr start_of_program
.dw libraries-$9327   ; if you do not use libraries, replace this with .dw
$0000
.dw description      ;program description in the SOS shell -- pointer to
ASCIIZ string
start_of_program:
...program data...

ASHELL CODE:  (Use SOS instead!)
nop
jr      prog_start    ;as AShell-compatable
.dw     $0000         ;Version of table
.dw     Description   ;Points to the program description
.dw     Icon          ;Points to an 8x8 icon

Hope this helps.  If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try to help further.

--David, who's having intermittent problems with his Quote Spinner.