GraphLink in NT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GraphLink in NT

For whatever it's worth, I have just managed to greatly improve the
reliability of the GraphLink software in Windows NT by setting the priority
on the process NTVDM (the 16-bit subsystem) to "Realtime."  Disregarding
Microsoft's sloppy use of the term "real time," doing so has allowed me to
transfer three lab reports in a row with no errors.  From a reliablity of
about 1 in 8 attempts working, that's a big improvement.

Others with NT might try this.  Of course, this indicates a really tight
hardware dependency which smacks of poor design.  It'd be nice if TI would
release the link protocol and let us write our own software, as long as they
are going to do it so badly.

Tim Dixon         tdixon@fwi.com        http://www2.fwi.com/~tdixon
   George W. Bush for President!