Re: Writing ASM programs on the calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GSee111 wrote in message <19990301185540.28354.00002097@ng117.aol.com>...
>I was wondering if it is possible to write a program for Usgard, ZShell,
etc.
>on the actual calclutator.  The only time that I program is in school, so
it
>would be nice to be able to make these types of games on the calculator
instead
>of on a PC.  If it is possible to make a program that would allow me to
write
>programs on the calc, please tell me how or tell me where to get that
program

This can be done very nicely on an HP48GX calculator.  They have slots for
added memory cards and the cards can be write protected so it's pretty safe.

I have a assembler called Jazz in a 128k card in the first slot.  It
includes a first rate debugger, a great editor and an assembler and a lot of
other tools.  It also includes symbol tables for all the entries in the 48
and a lot of constants, too.

I have a 2 meg card in the second slot so I can back up the calc to that
when I want to test something.  Then if I crash I can restore from that
backup.  The card is write protected when I'm testing.

I don't know if any other calculators let you do this.

Barry

  It does assembly and Sysrpl, an extension of the normal us

Follow-Ups: References: