Hopeless Records and Sub City Update 7/15/99

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hopeless Records and Sub City Update 7/15/99

Hopeless Records Sub City Hopeless Records Sub City

(To be removed from this list reply to this email with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line)

Hi PUNK FAN AND MUSIC LOVER!

Welcome to the Hopeless/Sub City Records update report from July 15, 1999.

The Hopeless/Sub City records update report will be mailed approximately twice a month. The report will give you updates on new releases, tours, news, band info and more.

For more information check out:
http://www.hopelessrecords.com
http://www.subcity.net

NEW RELEASES:
Here are the Hopeless/Sub City new releases.

Out June 22
Sub City "Take Action" low priced CD sampler SC001
This cheap priced sampler features 15 rare and unreleased tracks from Against All Authority, Fifteen, F.Y.P., Dillinger Four, Kid Dynamite, Scared of Chaka, The Weakerthans, Falling sickness, and many more.

88 Fingers Louie/Kid Dynamite split 10"/CD SC004
Six New songs from two of the top Melodic/Hardcore bands

Falling Sickness/Dysentery split 10"/CD SC005
Riverside, CA fast, hard punk rock!

Check out additional info at:
www.subcity.net

IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON VACATION:
Here are some recent releases on Hopeless/Sub City.

Scared of Chaka "Tired of You" CD/LP/CS SC003
Loud, fast, 70's punk rock from Albuquerque, NM

Fifteen "Lucky"; CD/2xLP/CS SC002
Political punk from Berkeley, CA. The band has been spreading their message since 1988

Mustard Plug "Pray for Mojo" CD/LP/CS HR638
Third full length from these ska/punk gurus out of Grand Rapids, MI.

Nobodys "Generation XXX" CD/LP/CS HR637
Fourth Full length from these Colorado Springs "rock n Roll porno punks"

TOURING:
You either just witnessed or just missed the Sub City "Take Action Tour".

Sub City presented the 1st annual Take Action Tour
Sub City is a creation of Hopeless Records in the attempt to raise social awareness and subsidize non-profit organizations. The Take Action Tour officially launched the label in person throughout America. The Take
Action Tour; was a summer mini festival tour covering the USA in 31 shows. The tour consisted of 5 bands per show at a low ticket price. Participating charities presented literature throughout the tour.  5% of the gross door receipts will be donated to charity. 50% of the donation will be presented to a local organization named by the promoter and the other 50% will go into the tour fund to be presented to three national organizations named by the touring artist.

NOBODYS TOUR with Guttermouth

July
Wed 14 Kingman, AZ House Of Sound
Thu 15 Albuquerque, NM Launchpad
Fri 16 Colorado Springs, CO Colorado Music Hall
Sat 17 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
Sun 18 Casper, WY The Underground
Tue 20 Salt Lake City, UT Bricks New Venue
Wed 21 Pocatello, ID The Roche Motel
Thu 22 Boise, ID Skate World
Fri 23 Eugene, OR WOW Hall
Sat 24 Reno, NV Rodeo Rock Cafe
Sun 25 Sacramento, CA Club X-Treme

August
Thu 12 Duluth, MN Shriners Masonic Temple
Fri 13 Minneapolis, MN Foxfire Lounge
Sat 14 Green Bay, WI Concert Cafe
Sun 15 Chicago, IL Metro
Tue 17 Detroit, MI The Shelter
Wed 18 Cleveland, OH Euclid Tavern
Thu 19 New York, NY Coney Island High
Sat 21 Boundbrook, NJ The Palace
Sun 22 Philadelphia, PA Unitarian Church
Mon 23 Virginia Bch Peabody's
Wed 25 Spartenburg, SC Ground Zero
Thu 26 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade

WHAT DO THE BANDS HAVE TO SAY:

Hello...Scared Of Chaka is on tour now....please check out www.scaredofchaka.com for tour info...rock-n-roll

Hello People,

Digger is currently writing a new album to be released in Jan 2000. We are playing some local shows on the east coast through out the summer.  The bar-b-que and Pabst have been brought out for summer (not like we ever stop drinking or bar-b-queing) Let The Good Times Roll Baby!!!!!

 Our web Page has been updated and will be updated though out the summer. Search ---Lehigh Valley Punk to find it, if the link from the Hopeless Web Page isn't working..... Go see some of our favorite bands Falling sickness and Dillinger 4 this summer on the Take Action Tour, and yell at Pat(D4) to stick foreign objects up his ass!!! Send us some Email.

Digger_pa@hotmail.com

Oh yeah we changed our mailing address to P.O. Box 357 Quakertown PA 18951. Send A SASE for reply.  I guess that is it.

Take Care,
Chris Digger
Hi There,
Jeff Ott from Fifteen here. I wanted to let you know about the new Fifteen album. It's called LUCKY and it s on Sub City Records. Sub City was launched this spring by the folks at Hopeless Records. Every release on Sub City will financially benefit a non-profit organization of the bands choosing. I choose the Redwood Summer Justice Project. It raises money for Judi Bari's/Earth First's Civil Rights lawsuit against the FBI and the Oakland Police department. You can find out more about the lawsuit at  http://www.monitor.net/~bari/.  You can find out more about what we're up to and listen to our songs at http://www.skatedork.org/fifteen/fifteen.htm.  Sub City has also put out stuff by Scared of Chaka, Falling Sickness, 88 Fingers Louie, Kid Dynamite and Dysentery.

Jeff Ott

Bye for now,
Hopeless

NEXT UPDATE: 8/2/99