Re: Rom dumps...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rom dumps...

i'm a 2nd year electrical student in my high school....i along with 3 of my
friends, one in 2nd year, and two in 3rd year, and our 2 teachers, couldn't
get any of the links working like instructed on the many directions on the
net. that was just for a project - the teachers came in to help after we
couldn't get it. when i went to buy a link myself, i just went straight to a
service merchandise in my area and bought ti's link for $30 (cable only).
that thing just plugged in, i downloaded the software, and it was working.
to tell the truth, all those "cheap" cable connectors are more trouble than
they're worth, considering you have to put up with crappy DOS ASCII-based
software to transfer your programs...
as for the rom dump, i see a lot of rom dump programs here and there...i
think there are some at www.ticalc.org, but don't hold me to it. i can't
remember where i downloaded mine from, but i have a ti85 rom dump program
that worked fine...although there's no real point in dumping the rom since
you have obvious restraints trying to "emulate" the ti calc's keypad on your
computer's keyboard (unless you're using a ti92, then it might work more
realistically)...

-Jeff
ICQ: 6700092