Re: ti-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86

I've had my 83 go nuts on low batteries too...in a couple of my (tibasic)
programs it replaced like 4 lines with "Input Disp Disp Input Input...." -
of course my calc went nuts when it tried to execute it, and luckily i had
just backed up my calc onto my computer so i just replaced the batteries and
sent everything back onto it...

ToddEStan wrote in message <36A9046E.7C208EE@nospam.visi.com>...
>That's pretty consistant with my calculators.  Only the 86 needs to be
>changed before an 85 or an 83 because when you get to contrast level 9
>or so, it starts acting weird...
>
>However, if you play games all the time, and especially if you leave a
>game paused for a long time, you will run the batteries down quick.
>
>Todd
>
>Jeffrey Hahn wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure about the ti-86, but on the TI-83, I've had the same set of
>> duracell ultras in there for the past 8 months (i'm in calculus and
>> chemistry so believe me it gets used alot) and i'm still on brightness
level
>> ~6-7. (Same as with my TI-85, I replaced the batteries at the same time
with
>> that and use it about the same amount)
>>
>> stavesacre777 wrote in message ...
>> >I have a new TI-86, which i have used for a month, and i have had to
change
>> >batteries twice during this short period. The second time i removed the
>> >backup batteries and this may have caused the batteries to power down.
>> >Can someone tell me how much on average do regular alkaline AAA
batteries
>> on
>> >a TI-86 last?
>> >

>--
>
>Spam filters in place.  If you are accidently blocked, remove nospam.

Follow-Ups: References: