Re: ti-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-86

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, ToddEStan wrote:

The only time I've had to change the batteries in my 86 was when I forgot
and left an assembly program running that prevented it from powering down.

Word of warning, by the way: if you do this and drain your Renewal
batteries all the way, they are no good.  I had a couple blow up in my
charger last year.  Rayovac was nice and sent me a new one, but they did
warn me that Renewalls like to charge from a "near dead" rather than
"completely dead" state.  This is different from Ni-Cad batteries that
need to discharge comletely.

I've had my 89 for almost 4 days and haven't had to change its batteries
yet either. :-)

> That's pretty consistant with my calculators.  Only the 86 needs to be
> changed before an 85 or an 83 because when you get to contrast level 9
> or so, it starts acting weird...
>
> However, if you play games all the time, and especially if you leave a
> game paused for a long time, you will run the batteries down quick.
>
> Todd
>
> Jeffrey Hahn wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure about the ti-86, but on the TI-83, I've had the same set of
> > duracell ultras in there for the past 8 months (i'm in calculus and
> > chemistry so believe me it gets used alot) and i'm still on brightness level
> > ~6-7. (Same as with my TI-85, I replaced the batteries at the same time with
> > that and use it about the same amount)
> >
> > stavesacre777 wrote in message ...
> > >I have a new TI-86, which i have used for a month, and i have had to change
> > >batteries twice during this short period. The second time i removed the
> > >backup batteries and this may have caused the batteries to power down.
> > >Can someone tell me how much on average do regular alkaline AAA batteries
> > on
> > >a TI-86 last?
> > >

> --
>
> Spam filters in place.  If you are accidently blocked, remove nospam.

Timothy Dixon  tdixon@fwi.com
I had hoped that You would write for me a message in the stars
As if the stars themselves were not enough.
                              -- from a Pam Thum song