Re: Mac link adapter

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mac link adapter

ADB(Apple Desktop Bus) is the way you connect mice, keyboards, tablets, FM
radios, and other low-bandwidth devices to a Mac.  Because the bandwidth is so
low(Just enough for 7 or so devices to send mouse coordinate or keymap data),
it would probably be impractical for a link.  Also, the ports and cables
aren't verry common( as opposed to a normal Din-8 mac serial port), it would
almost certainly be more expensive to build one than buy the Graph Link.
However, it's a cool idea if someone can get it working...I'm getting tired of
switching Appletalk on and off to print or use the Graph Link.

Vincent

<< >> Does anyone know where i can buy a Mac adapter that allows you to hook
>> your Ti graphlink to the adb port?
>
>To the adb port?  TI sells a link that uses the serial port; you can get
>that from their online store (I think).  I no longer use the Mac, but this
>sounds interesting.  Can you tell me more about it (probably direct to my
>e-mail unless others on the list express interest too).

I don't know what an "abd port" is, but the adapter sold at the ti.com
on-line store (the one you are supposed to use) plugs into the Mac's
printer or modem port. >>