Re: Volume of a 3d figure

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Volume of a 3d figure

On 17 Jan 1999 05:45:04 GMT, stl137@aol.com (STL137) wrote:

>Look, Tommy Boy,
>The first guy said:
><<Does anyone know how to find the volume of a 3d graph? Say you wanted to
find
>the volume of a walnut looking solid, how would you do this with the 89? I
know
>how to do this via integration and the like using pencil and paper, but I was
>looking for a shortcut via the 89.>>
>Then I said:
><<89s can do symbolic and numeric integration. Just numerically integrate Pi
>F(x)^2 from A to B. Not that hard. For arc length, numerically integrate
>sqrt(1+F ' (x)) from A to B.>>
>That was a coherent reply that told him how to find the volume of a 3D solid.
>Duuuh.

Really?
Can you explain how "PiF(x)^2" IS a 3d solid?
Will integrating this, well, it's not even a function, work for any 3d
solid?  From your post, it appears that you claim that integrating
that whatevet it is, is how you find the volume under a surface.  Can
you elaborate?
And where do you say how to do it on an 89?
If you call your post, a coherent reply that told him how to find the
volume of a 3D solid, may I ask you what color the sky is in your
world?

Follow-Ups: References: