Re: TI-89 and AP Test

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-89 and AP Test

>Now, I dont know what an AP test is, but had a similiar discussion
>with my math-proffesor at the University og Erhus, Denmark. The
>conclusion was that it doen't matter how you get the result. If you
>have a problem you will have to write up that problem correct, in
>order for you to see what the mathematical problem really is and then
>solve. How you solve it doent matter because if you can write up the
>problem correctly then you have in fact solved the problem, since it
>is not so important what the numeric answer is.
>
>best regards
>
>Steffen Mxller

The AP test is the Advanced Placement test. These are a set of college-level
tests administered by the College Board that let American and some Canadian
college students get college credit for freshmen and sophmore-level college
classes if they took AP courses in High School ( grades 9-12 ).
Along with IB ( International Baccaluariate (SP!)  )courses, AP courses are
accepted by American universities as a way to let the students who could really
go on to college early, but don't want to, stay in their high school and still
be challenged, and also as a way to avoid having hundreds of barely pubescent
kids walking around college campuses and all the problems that would entail.