Re: Volume of a 3d figure

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Volume of a 3d figure

You do it just like you do on paper.  Integrate in one direction, then
another.  Depending on the function, which variable you integrate with
respect to can be important.

For example, say you want the area under the "sheet" formed by the
function z=x^2+y^2 from -5 to 5 on both the x and y directions.  To do
this on paper, you would integrate WRT the x direction, then integrate
the result WRT Y.

On the calc, it's the same.  Just enter (where "S" is the integrate
operand)
S(S(x^2+y^2,x,-5,5),y,-5,5)

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:23:22 -0500, "Matt Weintraub" <neda@erols.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know how to find the volume of a 3d graph? Say you wanted to
>find the volume of a walnut looking solid, how would you do this with the
>89? I know how to do this via integration and the like using pencil and
>paper, but I was looking for a shortcut via the 89.
>Thanks,
>

>--
>
>Matt Weintraub
>neda@erols.com