graph link software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

graph link software

Please pardon my ignorance on this matter.  I know that there is
probably a million places that can answer my questions,  I just can't
seem to find them.  So if you know any of them, please point me in the
right direction.  Okay, anyway...

After having to return the computer that I was using about a year, I was
stuck off-line until Christmas.  I now have my own computer and, of
course, am back up and running.  I have never had the link cable, but I
have written quite a few programs for my 83 that I would like to get
onto the web.  (Things like a program to balance chemical equations,
Yahtzee, a calendar, alphabitized phone directory...)  My last computer
was a Mac and it simply would not cooperate with the TI software so I
just kind of gave up and typed everything in by hand, but this one
should work with the software.  I have the software installed okay (I
think), I just want to make sure that I'm using it right before I spend
four hours typing in my programs just to find out that I screwed up at
step number one.

The first question has to do with the software itself.  When typing the
program into the editor on the computer,  just exactly HOW accurate does
it have to be.  Hmm...that didn't sound right.  Like, do you need to
include the colon at the beginning of each line?  I'm guessing yes.
Also, what about commands that are seperated. For example, on the calc I
would go under the menus and find 'Repeat' then hit, say, 'Ans' so it
would look like
:Repeat Ans
but there really isn't a space in there (on the calc).  However, on the
computer there is a regular space there.  Is it possible to just type
things in on the computer instead using all the built in menus?  Again,
I'm guessing yes?  If you can, do you just type it in like I just did;
the word 'Repeat', <space>, the word 'Ans'?

The second big thing has to do with actually sending the file(s) to
people.  How do I do that?  When I finally put the last 'stop' on the
computer screen and save it - then what?  Does it need to be uuencoded?
(Just what does that mean, anyway) Or should I use the import/export
commands to turn it into a txt file so that it can be read in the
email.  If I sound like I don't know what I'm doing, it's because I
don't.  I was monkeying around last night trying to send myself these
files and that was the only way that I could get anything useful to come
up in the message.

Any help or any pointers as to where to look next would be much help.
Thanks!

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net