Re: x=@n3*PI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: x=@n3*PI

In article <19990109164649.01147.00009911@ng-ca1.aol.com>,
          stl137@aol.com (STL137) wrote:

] @nQ means an arbitrary integer. The number Q after the N is to differentiate
] (no, not THAT kind of differentiation!) between different arbitrary integers.

May we investigate this a little further, please?  I'm not sure of the value
of the number (referred to as Q above) in the solutions to such problems.  It
seems to be telling me that this is for example the 25th such problem that
I've done, and that therefore the next one will be the 26th, buy why do I
need to know this?  It seems to be cluttering up the solution to a problem
with redundant information.

Is there any way of turning this number off, which seems to be ready to count
all the way to 255 before it resets to 1 and starts all over again?

Also, despite looking quite hard through my TI-89 manual (there's no entry in
the index for a start!) I can't seem to find a thorough explanation of this
feature, other than the very brief mention on page 479.  Is that it, or have
I missed something here?

Cheers,

Dick

Dick Smith                                           dick@risctex.demon.co.uk