Re: THIS VIRUS THING IS A HOAX!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: THIS VIRUS THING IS A HOAX!!!!!

Daniel Ramsbrock wrote:

> To all you people out there that actually believe this bullshit:
> I HAVE RECEIVED BOTH EMAILS AND OPENED THEM. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO MY
>  COMPUTER, AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO MY COMPUTER!!!!!! It is impossible
> to make emails auto-run a program upon opening--damage can only be done if
you
>  open a program that is attached to the e-mail. You're welcome to
> look this up in any book that covers e-mail, the internet, or TCP/IP. DON'T
BE
>  FOOLED BY THESE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER DO TO IN THEIR
> SPARE TIME THAN TRY TO SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!

On the contrary.  Many web-based e-mail clients automatically run Javascript
embedded in e-mail messages.  There was a security hole in Hotmail a while ago
where a Javascript embedded in a message would apparently log out the user;
when he
or she logged back in the login and password were sent to the hacker who sent
the
Javascript.

Sorry; I know this is not the appropriate group.

-Peter

Follow-Ups: References: