Re: Problems with the Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problems with the Graphlink

In the olden days of DOS and Windows 3.1, PCs came with two serial ports,
a 9-pin and a 25-pin (both male).  The 9-pin port was the standard for the
mouse, and the 25-pin port was used for miscellaneous external devices.
This most often meant external modems, but the Graph Link fell into this
category as well.  Then, the market changed, and computer manufacturers got
lazy.  Mice moved over to PS/2 plugs, and they started skimping on the serial
ports.  Now, most computers come with both serial ports 9-pin, or even
worse, only one 9-pin serial port.
It's not "really stupid for TI", it's we users getting screwed over by the
PC manufacturers.  It would cost more at this point for TI to re-engineer
the Graph Link as a 9-pin plug than to just make everyone by adapters.