Re: Ti-83 in the freezer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-83 in the freezer

Kregi <kregi@AOL.COM> Writes:

> Does anyone have any info about the effects of cold on the TI-83 or any other
> calculator..i am looking for info about changes in speed in electronic
> devices under extreme temperatures for a science project..my results so far
> have showed a slight loss in speed for a simple program that counts to 500
> and displays  "DONE"..about 1 second difference...anyway..any info, links, or
> ideas would be appreciated..thanks..Kregi
> Kregi@aol.com

We had a pretty cold January here this year. Once or twice, on particularly
mean days, I noticed that my Ti-83 overhead display would be rather sluggish
for the first few minutes of the 8:00 class I was teaching (after a 20-minute
ride in the cold back seat).

This is the _practical_ effect -- whether it is due to a slowed-down display or
to the processor running slower, I couldn't guess.

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623