Re: Learning to program with TI-86... need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Learning to program with TI-86... need help!

Here, I totally agree, I've never heard of anyone who actually learned
TIBASIC from tutorials, the best way is to just play around with
little progs, and then keep making larger ones of your own. The only
things I've found tutorials usefull for is finding ways to make your
code more efficient, but these are usually rather easy to figure out
yourself and you have to be carefull, you can't believe everything you
read. (I rememver seeing a tutorial that _recommended_ using Gotos
instead of if/then statements because the code was "easier to
understand". If you try it, you'll realize that if your prog is
relatively large, using gotos can have a *very* bad impact on
performance.)

Philipp Keller

STL137 <stl137@aol.com> wrote in message
19990205195346.18258.00000235@ng-fa1.aol.com">news:19990205195346.18258.00000235@ng-fa1.aol.com...
>TI-Basic is no real problem to learn. I know that sounds stupid to
people who
>don't know TI-Basic. Just like when ASM programmers tell people that
ASM is
>easy to learn if you look at source code for two weeks. Now - that's
terrible.
>Looking at source code teaches very little. It's better to have the
calculator
>in front of you, and a manual. That's how I learned TI-Basic, and
QBasic.

http://quote.cjb.net